Worrying attitudes to the branding of the D language

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 2 09:53:49 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 2 July 2014 at 10:23:12 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 July 2014 at 08:59:06 UTC, Alix Pexton wrote:
>> [Incidentally, I found the copyright notice that goes with the
>> current logo at the bottom of this page:
>> http://media.sukimashita.com/d/ (the gallery of designs that
>> the current logo was chosen from)]
>
> Yeah:
> «ALL FREE TO USE. ONLY SELLING THESE IMAGES IS PROHIBITED.»
>
> I guess that is good enough for adapting the logo to flat
> shading and a new web design with minor visual tweaks. The
> original author appears to be Martin Szulecki, so he can
> probably be reached by e-mail.

He should be contacted and asked if he'd be willing to assign
copyright to Walter. Does anyone have his email address? I've
found his Github page[1]. It links to his business website[2]
which has email addresses but I'm not sure if those reach him
directly.

1. https://github.com/FunkyM
2. http://mirell.com/