Worrying attitudes to the branding of the D language

Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 3 04:40:41 PDT 2014

On 03/07/2014 10:40 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 July 2014 at 17:34:46 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 2 July 2014 at 11:02:58 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>>> We don't have any recognizable branding worth fighting for. I can't
>>> even remember how current D logo looks like without checking the
>>> website, it is just some image in the corner of the page. "Branding"
>>> is something bigger than that.
>>
>> But you recognise it when you see it!
>
> I recognize the updated one too. Actually I won't be able to tell the
> difference unless looking at both at the same time.
>
> My point is that there is nothing very distinctive with current logo to
> be that concerned. Anything with similarly styled "D" letter will be as
> recognizable as current one.

I agree!

I started working on this little document last night while angry and
tired, maybe it should find its way to the wiki.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sb4xnZUbzVRIicsfnxBFhTvRH4EOYq88wZexAuGcnaE/edit

Its the last time I'm going to post any work related to D branding or
logo design unless someone specifically asks me to.

A...