Redesign of dlang.org

Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 3 04:46:45 PDT 2014

On 03/07/2014 12:35 PM, w0rp wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 July 2014 at 09:42:05 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 2 July 2014 at 23:32:36 UTC, w0rp wrote:
>>> I just brought the Twitter module back.
>>
>> :( it was so much better with this ugly widget gone and replaced with
>> something actually useful.
>
> I actually didn't intend to remove it before, but if we want to replace
> it with something else I could do that. I don't feel strongly either way
> about it.

The twitter feed on D currently fulfils the role that in other places is
performed by an internal news ticker that summarises the most recent
news stories. D for some reason does not seem to generate that much
internal news, at least not in a form that would be apt for consumption
on the dlang.org landing page.

Maybe if the forum front end produced an RSS feed of top level posts to
d.announce that could be fed into the buzz box. Then all we'd need is a
steady stream of exciting announcements.

A...