Optimizing Java using D

Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 3 09:08:27 PDT 2014

On 03/07/2014 4:16 PM, Wanderer wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 July 2014 at 11:30:57 UTC, Alix Pexton wrote:
>> and how it is stored (all in a single page of memory vs across
>> multiple networked disks vs in immutable memory such that each swap
>> actually duplicate the whole dataset).
>
> And how much of that wide area is actually covered by D's sort that was
> discussed here?

All in a single page is the runtime ideal. Immutable memory where every
swap duplicates the whole dataset is the CTFE reality.

[But sorting at compile time is a really bad idea!]

Multiple networked disks was just the worst case I can think of, someone
somewhere will be doing it, but maybe not in D.

A...