std.math performance (SSE vs. real)

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 3 18:26:37 PDT 2014

On 7/3/2014 2:43 PM, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
> Would you use D for building software to ship with hardware appliances?

Yes.

> I would not.

The issues you presented are subjective and a matter of opinion. Regardless of
the state of D, I'm not the type who wilts at an issue or two - I work around
it. And so does everyone else who does production work.

If you sit around waiting for arbitrary perfection, you'll never get any work
done. I don't care that my truck has dings in it, either, it's a truck and it's
useful for what I need it for :-)