std.math performance (SSE vs. real)

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 4 13:28:35 PDT 2014

On 7/4/2014 1:13 PM, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
> If you can commit to a spec for D2 that is final, then you can also plan for
> when D2 is done.

There's no such thing as done for a working language. C++, for example, is
constantly in flux. Every release by every vendor alters which parts of the
standard and draft standard it supports. Furthermore, the C/C++ Standards don't
have much to say about how floating point works - how is that of any help in
writing professional, stable fp code?

Do we want to make the spec better? Yes.

Does that impair professional use of D now? No.

Do we accept pull requests on the spec to make it better? Yes.

Have you contributed to any pull requests to improve the spec?

Please, contribute to the things you care about, instead of suggesting in the
n.g. that others should do it. That would be far more helpful.