SCons and D

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 5 22:37:00 PDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-07-06 at 01:36 +0000, Andy Smith via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 July 2014 at 20:54:25 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 05, 2014 at 06:00:40PM +0100, Russel Winder via
> > Digitalmars-d wrote:
> >> SCons 2.3.2 has been released which has the revamped D tooling.
> >>
> >> I appreciate Dub is becoming the build system of choice for
> >> new D
> >> projects, so I will maintain the D support in SCons but
> >> definitely in
> >> "maintenance mode" rather than "development mode".
> > [...]
> >
> > I still use SCons for my personal projects, so I really
> > appreciate the
> > maintenance, even if it's no longer actively developed.

> Yeah ditto for me.... still use scons for some mixed D/C devel
> work.

Thanks for letting me know there is a demand :-)

Now that the new D support structure is in place in the SCons mainline,
all bug reports and enhancement requests can be dealt with and the
results appear in the next release as the normal workflow. So feel free
to make reports.

Sadly SCons is still using Tigris for bug management as it is not clear
what the better alternative is, nor how to transfer all the extant
reports to a new system. It is being worked on though.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk