std.math performance (SSE vs. real)

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 6 13:07:24 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 6 July 2014 at 17:19:24 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> I still like the idea of having in D something like the F#
> language directive "#light" that switches to a brace-less
> syntax:

I like compact syntax, like the reduction in clutter done with Go.

I've been thinking a lot about how to improve the assignments in
C-like languages. Seems to me that when it comes to immutable
values it makes sense to deal with them in a functional style.
I.e. there is no real need to distinguish between a comparison of
equality and a defined equality (assignment). Of course, that
means boolean contexts have to be made explicit to avoid
ambiguity.

IMO reducing clutter becomes really important when you use the
language for describing content that needs to be modified and
extended.