Designing a matrix library for D

Jared via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 7 09:39:20 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 24 June 2014 at 03:29:52 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
Digitalmars-d wrote:

> Using lapack/blas as the backend would guarantee good
> performance,
> though I'm not sure if the Phobos maintainers would be too
> thrilled at
> the idea, after the fiasco with libcurl.

It is straightforward with "version" blocks to support multiple
backends at compile time, even including a pure D version (lower
performance but always works). One of our internal libraries
supports either ATLAS/BLAS (for dev boxes) or MKL (for production
big iron) in this way. We just change a makefile variable to use
"--version=ATLAS" or "--version=MKL".