Bottom line re GC in D

Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 7 23:23:12 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 8 July 2014 at 03:37:51 UTC, Adrian wrote:
>  + Has the GC been dropped?
Nope, still there and probably always will be. I think I read on
the forums that people are working on a better/more precise GC
though. From what I understand the current one could stand a lot
of improvement.

>  + If not, can it be disabled entirely/completely?
It can be, but you would also lose some features, though I'm not
entirely sure which things exactly. I remember that slices was
one thing you would no longer have if you disable the GC, but I
can't think of any others.

The GC isn't really something you would need to disable though. I
have never had any issues with it, and unless you're doing
something that might have it run a lot, it shouldn't affect you
in any way.