critique of vibe.d

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 8 13:39:23 PDT 2014

There's been some discussion about vibe.d recently on reddit (e.g.
http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/2a20h5/wired_magazine_discovers_d/cir9443)
and I was wondering to what extent that's meaningful:

"has anyone ever tied a real webservice to vibe.d? I actually tried. its
nowhere near complete in any sense. you simply cannot compare it with
go's standard http lib, sorry, I tried."

If there's sheer work needed for completing vibe.d, I think it would be
great if the domain-savvy part of the community would rally around it.
Serving dlang.org and dconf.org off of vibe.d would be awesome dogfooding.

Andrei