critique of vibe.d

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 8 14:30:14 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 8 July 2014 at 20:39:23 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> If there's sheer work needed for completing vibe.d, I think it
> would be great if the domain-savvy part of the community would
> rally around it. Serving dlang.org and dconf.org off of vibe.d
> would be awesome dogfooding.

Google App Engine is opening up for managed servers using new
tech. I know Dart is coming to the managed servers soon. Of
course, this is still in limited preview and not for production,
but having D on App Engine would be interesting for many reasons.

https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/managed-vms/

Google Compute Engine is also an option. Building libraries to
access the regular cloud services such as Google Cloud Storage
and Cloud SQL (replicated MySQL) is not too hard.

https://developers.google.com/compute/
https://developers.google.com/cloud-sql/
https://developers.google.com/storage/

It would also be an opportunity to test the abstraction levels of
the current standard library…