For the adventurous: News from the LDC/Linux front

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 8 15:44:28 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 8 July 2014 at 20:43:19 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:
> Tried building hap.random's benchmarknew with the
> shared-library build of ldc, and got this error when I tried to
> run the resulting executable:
>
> Fatal Error while loading '/opt/ldc/lib/libphobos2-ldc.so.65':
> 	The module 'std.range' is already defined in './benchmarknew'.

As strange as it might sound, I'm actually rather relieved that
you ran into this issue. I previously thought Martin's collision
detection code was at fault (see
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/791#issuecomment-48090942),
but suddenly couldn't reproduce the issue any longer. I'll look
into it.

Oh, and it seems like you might be able to work around it for now
by (ironically, given Martin's experiences) using ld.gold instead
of ld.bfd.

David