critique of vibe.d

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 9 08:21:46 PDT 2014

Am 09.07.2014 03:54, schrieb luminousone:
> There is lots of missing little bits here and their, password hashing
> functions that use crypt_(C) formated hashes.

I was hoping for dauth [1] to fill that gap. It doesn't use the same
format, but one with the same goal. I didn't actually try it out yet,
though.

> There are diet/jade template bugs still, specific major problem being
> that use of single quotes inside of double quotes when i need to pass
> strings to js functions inside of js events such as onclick inside a
> html tag, seems to be broken.

Do you have a concrete example where this goes wrong? I've tested both,
nesting ' inside " and vice versa. Both seemed to work fine for <body
onLoad=...>.

> There is not common database interface for sql databases(forgivable
> actually), but many of the specific database libraries are messy(ddb for
> example) and they are not any where near api "stable".
>
> Support for mongo is... cute?!, don't get me wrong it has a place, for
> most apps it would be fine, it is however unusable for the apps i am
> involved in.

Yeah, I kind of like it for its flexibility, but it's definitely not the
right choice for million user web services. I'm currently looking at
NouDB as another potential SQL based target.

[1]: http://code.dlang.org/packages/dauth