Opportunities for D

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 9 11:20:57 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 9 July 2014 at 18:09:58 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Dicebot:
>
>> Yes and this is exactly what we can't do in D.
>
> I don't understand, if they can do that with Java, why not D?
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Java bytecode reflection makes possible to find all reference
types in an attributed package and replace them to non-nullables.
D compile-time reflection is currently limited to declaration
(with a very 1few exceptions) - I am not aware of any ways to do
it other than hot-patching generated machine code (not really an
option).

One thing we can do is to validate that there are no nullable
references in public signatures but this is something more
suitable for static analysis rule anyway.