critique of vibe.d

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 9 12:37:27 PDT 2014

On 7/9/2014 3:05 PM, w0rp wrote:

> * An API for creating form handlers, especially for creating instances
> of models in the ORM through forms. (Django Form and ModelForm)

What I've started doing, and absolutely love so far, is to write my
forms purely in the HTML template (with a little bit a custom
tags/attributes), then use Adam's HTML DOM to read that HTML form and
generate all the backend form-handing *from* the HTML form, including
all the appropriate per-field "validation failed".

I'm finding this works a lot better than defining forms in the backend
code and then trying to generate the HTML I want from that.

> * An HTML template system which doesn't eat memory at compile time and
> where changes can be made while the development server is running.

Mustache-D:

https://github.com/repeatedly/mustache-d

Unfortunately it *only* supports runtime processing right now, but it's
a fairly nice little templating system. The claims of being "logicless"
are total BS, but a *truly* logicless system would be useless anyway.