critique of vibe.d

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 9 12:48:20 PDT 2014

Am 09.07.2014 21:19, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:

> "InstaUser Web": This would leverage vibe.d to provide an out-of-the-box
> working (and customizable) web-based register/login system. I expect
> that some applications may (or might not) outgrow this, but I think it
> would be fantastic for getting a login-based site off the ground and
> up-and-running. Or even just putting files (like webalyzer stats) behind
> a login that isn't "HTTP auth". I've written/maintained sooo many web
> login systems over the years I've gotten sick of reimplementing sooo
> many of the same things every time and backporting all newer
> improvements (Which is really the whole original reason I started DAuth
> in the first place).
>
> An application can use *just* Core and omit the Store/Web stuff
> entirely. Or they can use it at the Store level. Or at the Web level. Or
> make direct use of all the levels.
>
> Further in the future, "InstaUser" could possibly grow support for the
> "login in via Facebook/Gmail/OpenID/whatever" that seems to be popular
> now, or whatever other authentication systems may be useful.

This was also exactly my idea with the "userman" [1] and "user-auth" [2]
packages, although I didn't get very far with the "user-auth" part, yet.
Maybe we can join forces there. (Please excuse the awfully creative
names, I created a lot of packages at once at the time ;)

[1]: https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/userman
[2]: https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/user-auth