Opportunities for D

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 9 13:42:19 PDT 2014

Walter Bright:

> That's essentially just adding an attribute, like:
>
>    @nogc:
>
> to the beginning of a module. It's not making it the default.

Is it possible & useful & good to put something like a
"@not_null_references:" (or a similar pragma) at the top of a
module? How are differently defaulting modules going to interact
with each other?

(I think F# code originally had verbose syntax, plus a "#light"
module annotation to allow the use of a lighter Haskell-like
syntax with the same semantics. The light syntax was so popular
that later the default mode was switched with the light mode.)

Bye,
bearophile