Cool Stuff for D that we keep Secret

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 9 14:46:15 PDT 2014

Am Wed, 09 Jul 2014 12:21:21 -0700
schrieb Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com>:

> It fits in
> quite nicely with my previous antics at discovering there were no
> links to gdc or ldc instructions, and no mention anywhere that to get
> gdc on Ubuntu, one only needs to type:
>
>     sudo apt-get install gdc
>
> All you guys building stuff - it's all WASTED EFFORT if you don't
> make it findable by users. /rant

We link all linux distribution packages from
http://gdcproject.org/downloads/
and I'd expect a linux user to know how to install a package for his
distribution if he knows the package name.

It's also mentioned on http://wiki.dlang.org/GDC and
http://dlang.org/download.html links to
http://gdcproject.org/downloads/ as well.

The dlang page doesn't list all downloads or distribution packages, but
I don't want to duplicate information on two pages and keep them
synchronized and up-to-date.

I think there's lots of valuable information on the wiki btw, which is
often overlooked for some reason. For contributors, wiki.dlang.org is
much nicer as you don't need ddoc, git, push rights/somebody to merge
pull requests, etc.