before D there was d

jim schmit via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 9 16:01:49 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 9 July 2014 at 19:11:22 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 7/9/14, 7:25 AM, David Gileadi wrote:
>> Seriously though, this is a fascinating glimpse at some
>> interesting
>> technology and history. Many thanks for taking the time to
>> post this here.
>
> Seconded. Thanks Jim! -- Andrei

thank you andrei.

a little more info

a preliminary information document from 1983

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Hn2bVpUk-sOHdYTktqTFdkR0E/edit?usp=sharing

some early photos of the computer, code & authors

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Hn2bVpUk-sV3E0VEcyckFfa1k/edit?usp=sharing

finally, an email conversation with woz in which i give more
detail of the project

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qg4-s-_pCpFkfgfoFpYaD40RkpRdjn8TqU8Al7XPR1k/edit?usp=sharing

woz finally made it to new orleans but had a stomach virus attack
before we could meet.  one day i hope to have the honor