Cool Stuff for D that we keep Secret

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 9 16:21:46 PDT 2014

On 7/9/14, 2:59 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 02:52:34PM -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On 7/9/14, 2:46 PM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>>> Am Wed, 09 Jul 2014 12:21:21 -0700
> [...]
>>> I think there's lots of valuable information on the wiki btw, which
>>> is often overlooked for some reason. For contributors, wiki.dlang.org
>>> is much nicer as you don't need ddoc, git, push rights/somebody to
>>> merge pull requests, etc.
>>
>> dlang.org is authoritative. Again optimizing for ease of contribution
>> is nice but the real prize is propagating information to the end user.
> [...]
>
> So why not link to select wiki pages from dlang.org?

Where's the pull request?

Back when I had just started in grad school, I was talking to an older
fellow student with whom I shared the adviser. I mentioned the advisor
had mentioned in passing I should do something (forgot what, maybe read
a paper or register for a conference) but didn't follow through with it.
My labmate stopped me in my tracks: "Dude, as soon as something reached
the level of consciousness of the adviser enough to be mentioned, you
take it and run with it. Adviser won't bother insisting about it."

Walter and I are busy enough as is working on D to NOT have new work cut
out for us. Please steal any work you can from us.

Andrei