Worrying attitudes to the branding of the D language

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 10 01:18:47 PDT 2014

On 01/07/14 19:45, Gary Willoughby wrote:

> People need to have the perception that the brand is strong and that the
> product is stable. The logo reflects this. The logo is an icon of D as a
> product. Just casually tossing it aside is allowing further extension of
> user perceptions of unprofessionalism. We need to nuture the brand to
> create the perception and feeling of security, stability and
> professionalism.

BTW, have a look at this Scala website [1]. In the top left corner there
is a Scala logo. It's flat and quite simple design with no colors. In
the middle there's a big logo, more complex with shades, colors, shadows
and so on. You can instantly see that both are the same logo, but at the
same time they're quite different. I think it's good idea to have
multiple versions of a logo, used in different context. Oh, I just found
a third version of their logo, in the bottom right corner. It's like the
first one but with some colors.

[1] http://www.scala-lang.org/

--
/Jacob Carlborg