Opportunities for D

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 10 07:14:19 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 10 July 2014 at 14:09:41 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> To be fair to Walter/Andrei, you need to be clear who your
> lieutenant is before you can delegate to them.
>
> Who has stepped up to take charge of concurrency in D?

I think it should be other way around - announcing slot with
listed responsibilities / decision power and asking for
volunteers, same as it was done with release process "tzar"
(kudos Andrew).

Just "stepping up" is a no-op action without explicit delegation.
Also I believe every such domain needs two persons in charge and
not just one - for example, Sean Kelly is most suitable candidate
for such role but who accept his PR then? :)