Opportunities for D

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 10 07:36:15 PDT 2014

On 7/10/14, 7:24 AM, John Colvin wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 July 2014 at 14:14:20 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Thursday, 10 July 2014 at 14:09:41 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
>>> To be fair to Walter/Andrei, you need to be clear who your lieutenant
>>> is before you can delegate to them.
>>>
>>> Who has stepped up to take charge of concurrency in D?
>>
>> I think it should be other way around - announcing slot with listed
>> responsibilities / decision power and asking for volunteers, same as
>> it was done with release process "tzar" (kudos Andrew).
>>
>> Just "stepping up" is a no-op action without explicit delegation. Also
>> I believe every such domain needs two persons in charge and not just
>> one - for example, Sean Kelly is most suitable candidate for such role
>> but who accept his PR then? :)
>
> @ Walter & Andrei
> Would a list of subject areas that require delegation be a good idea to
> put on the wiki? A list of positions, both available and filled?

I think that's a good idea, I'll think of it.

In the meantime there seems to be a want of even foot soldiers and
corporals, which seems to be a good way to promote lieutenants. In the
post I just sent I pointed out a number of good and absolutely trivial
pull requests for https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos that
simply sit there for days and weeks.

Andrei