critique of vibe.d

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 10 07:50:48 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 10 July 2014 at 13:55:14 UTC, Chris wrote:
> Would you be interested in putting a web development framework
> (or parts of it) together we can tie in with vibe.d?

Meh, not really. I've never used vibe.d so getting started is at
least a psychological hurdle and I have a lot of other things to
do too. I have considered doing a vibe backend for cgi.d before,
which should be possible and maybe not even too hard, but just
not far up on my priority list.

Many of my modules are made to stand alone though. Pulling dom.d
in should be really easy, maybe database.d too (though since it
uses C libraries to talk to the db server, it would probably
cause problems with vibe's fibers; the queries would block the
whole server).

web.d is really ugly code, it was my first serious usage of D's
reflection and while it works, I'd love to rewrite it some day. I
think I'd prefer to do web.d 2.0 before doing the vibe stuff.