Opportunities for D

Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 10 08:29:37 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 10 July 2014 at 11:19:26 UTC, Dicebot wrote:

> Problem is that this is most simple PR to simply add
> message-passing support for fibers. Adding some advanced
> schedulers with worker thread pool can be expected to be done
> on top but.. This small PR has been rotting there for ages with
> pretty much zero attention but from few interested persons.

Yep.  It's been gathering dust but for the occasional request to
rebase the code.  A better scheduler can be added, but I think
that should follow this pull request's addition to Phobos.  I
don't want to block the infrastructure from acceptance because
people have issues with a complicated scheduler that happened to
be bundled with it.  Though as it is, one of the pull requests I
created for Druntime for a Facebook request has sat for months,
presumably because of a request regarding a documentation
formatting change that I overlooked.  And I know I'm not alone.
Robert's struggle with getting std.logger accepted is the stuff
told to children around the campfire so they don't venture out
into the dark.