critique of vibe.d

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 10 10:29:05 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 10 July 2014 at 14:15:19 UTC, Chris wrote:
> I cannot expect a web guy to learn D.

Why not? Most my actual usage code looks close enough to Java and
sometimes even PHP that I think someone should be able to learn
it easily enough to be useful...

> *(How about interpreting JS through D as a server side
> language? Or something similar. Just thinking aloud).

That kind of thing is possible, but it seems to me that if you
are writing the code in javascript anyway you might as well just
use one of the established players like node for that.