critique of vibe.d

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 10 11:05:32 PDT 2014

On 7/10/2014 9:42 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Another thing I like with this is the designer can write it with just a
> plain browser, no need for the whole backend infrastructure just to see
> some quick tweaks. Helps a lot when they are working offline too.

For awhile I tried to do things in a way that a designer (or me) could
load up the (html | html templates) directly in a browser and see
exactly how it would look, but I kept running into the problem of common
page elements. Common headers, common footers, common CSS imports, etc.
I couldn't come up with a reasonable solution to that, so I gave up on
the idea and decided I'd rather just help any designers get a local
build set up.

Any insight on that issue?