Opportunities for D

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 10 14:29:14 PDT 2014

09-Jul-2014 01:22, Walter Bright пишет:
> Distilling the discussions about D that are elsewhere than this forum,
> some consistent themes emerge which we need to address to broaden the
> appeal of D. All of them require some organization and focussed effort
> to complete.
>
> There's been enough jawboning about them. I figure all of them can be
> smartly blown to smithereens if we just line up 3 or 4 cannons on each.

> 8. NotNull!T type
>
> For those that want a non-nullable reference type. This should be doable
> as a library type.

Not digging into the whole thread.

9. Extensible I/O package to replace our monolitic std.stdio sitting
awkwardly on top of C's legacy. That would imply integrating it with
sockets/pipes and filters/codecs (compression, transcoding and the like)
as well.

I was looking of into it with Steven, but currently have little spare
time (and it seems he does too). I'd gladly guide a capable recruit to
join the effort in proper rank.

--
Dmitry Olshansky