Cool Stuff for D that we keep Secret

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 10 15:10:47 PDT 2014

On 7/10/2014 6:06 PM, Tofu Ninja wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 July 2014 at 22:03:31 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> Am I the only one who thinks "Responsive Web" sites, with their
>> characteristic "Replace all meaningful information with wasted space,
>> meaningless photos, and trite slogans in giant text", are an
>> absolutely horrible design that do more to drive people away and
>> trigger their "this looks like an ad, I'll subconsciously ignore it"
>> instinct?
>>
>> (And they're even worse in this modern age where the only monitors
>> *available* are slit-shaped: half-height and excessively wide.)
>
> If it didn't work, people wouldn't be doing it.

You have no idea how much I wish that were actually true. :(

In any case, I find it puzzling that so many web designers have started
going back to the late-90's school of web design which unofficially
dictated "make sure the first screenful of your main page contains as
*little* meaningful content as possible - the more useless the entry
screen is, the better."