critique of vibe.d

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 10 18:03:23 PDT 2014

On Friday, 11 July 2014 at 00:36:26 UTC, Poyeyo wrote:
> - Unified database API.

My database.d provides a simple one. An interface for databases
that do string queries and returns result interfaces which can be
looped over and returns the returned data as strings too.

Strings were a simple hack at first, but I actually like it well
enough that now it is just what I'm going with.

> - A way to use all available SQL data types. I deal with money
> data, stored as DECIMAL (30,4). The Mysql driver throws an
> exception when I try to execute a query that reads DECIMAL
> data. This makes the whole D platform a non-starter for the
> company I work for.

My approach of just using sql with helper builders should handle
that...