Opportunities for D

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 10 22:53:16 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 10 July 2014 at 13:51:42 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Yes, the arguments come and go by in forum discussions. To
> avoid this we need a well-written DIP that has a section
> illustrating the insufficiencies of library solutions, and then
> proposes the few needed additions to the language that make the
> thing work properly. Other language communities have done this
> with good results.
>
> Andrei

I've made several DIPs. Some of them solving existing problems
being discussed right now (what happen with delegates when you
have this + context for instance, is solved).

Most of them never gathered any attention.

I'm willing to write this one as well, but my time isn't
infinite, and ultimately, every time I do something like this, it
is time I don't spend on SDC. Considering the attention these
get, I simply cannot put this in high position in my priority
queue.