Review: std.logger

Robert burner Schadek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 11 14:26:25 PDT 2014

On Friday, 11 July 2014 at 18:02:58 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> Some logging backends (e.g. systemd journal) support structured
> logging. Should support for this be included (as a subclass,
> presumably)?

Well, the idea behind std.logger is that I can not and should not
even try to give you implementations for all your backend needs.
It will just fall short and you will tell me that is it bad and
should not go into phobos. And even if I manage it is going to be
curl all over again.

So subclass Logger, implement writeLogMsg to your needs and be
happy.