Review: std.logger

Robert burner Schadek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 11 14:34:36 PDT 2014

On Friday, 11 July 2014 at 20:57:06 UTC, Xavier Bigand wrote:

> In the documentation you tell about informations added by the
> module (filename, linenumber,...) but you don't put sample of
> the resulting output.
I will add one.
> IMO it's important to provide a standard format of the output
> then D's IDE would be able to parse it to create links to the
> code or colorize it,...

I see your point, but people will change the output, we have
multiple IDE's who do stuff different, so creating a framework
for that is properly out of scope. But in the templatelogger
module there is a function I would currently consider the
default. I'll think about adding a very simple regex parser that
returns a LoggerPayload.

> Does the output contain a message counter? This help to
> distinguish message duplicates, on some console when prints are
> fast we don't see lines added if their are all the same.
It does not. Adding that to the LoggerPayload will be no problem.

> Is it too late for an integration in std.expirimental with dmd
> 2.66?
ask Andrew, but I'm 99.99999% sure it is to late