How can I dump an expression into log and execute it

Idan Arye via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 11 15:38:34 PDT 2014

On Friday, 11 July 2014 at 17:00:32 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Full macro system is not needed to implement it, just AST
> reflection can do the trick (and has better fit with existing
> features).

Wouldn't AST reflection be more complex to implement&use than a
macro system? I mean, a macro system is quite functional in
nature - the macro takes AST arguments and return an AST that the
compiler embeds into the code. With AST reflection, you need to
mutate an existing AST, which is more complex because order of
execution matters.