How can I dump an expression into log and execute it

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 11 16:02:48 PDT 2014

On Friday, 11 July 2014 at 22:42:26 UTC, Ary Borenszweig wrote:
> Also, what you want to do with an AST is definitely creating
> code. And, in my opinion, it's much easier to create code by
> writing it and not by creating the nodes.

Choice is very simple in my opinion. AST macro system overlaps
with string mixins in functionality and we are not going to
remove the latter from the D. Simply making possible to reflect
upon AST and generate code for very same string mixins will be an
incremental addition to existing D feature set, full macro system
will be a completely new feature.

Whatever is ideal solution, we better focus on something
practical that can be realistically added to the language within
current priorities (stability, minimizing addition of new
features, clearing corner cases etc.)