Using D

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 11 20:59:58 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 01:18:05AM +0000, Mike via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
>  - D is universal -  I don't know how to articulate this, but I'm sick
> of learning so many languages for different purposes and different
> platforms.  I'm beginning to use D for just about everything, and I
> don't have to worry so much about whether I'm on Windows or Linux.

One of the things I eventually hope to get to, is to write D apps that
work on both Windows and Linux.  I'm pretty sure my code can already run
on Windows, but I just haven't setup the dev environment yet.

> I'm even using D to write low-level drivers for my micrcontroller.  I
> use it for my build scripts, automating my builds in the same language
> I'm building.  D, one language to rule them all.
[...]

Whoa. That's a pretty cool idea: use D to build D!  I think I'm going to
start doing that too. Right now I'm using SCons (Python-based), which is
pretty great for what I need, but the thought of using D to build D
sounds so appealing to me that I'm gonna hafta do just that. :) Thanks
for the idea!

"Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows everything! I'll ask about Exchange Server next. -- (Stolen from the net)