Review: std.logger

Robert burner Schadek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 12 06:09:37 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 12 July 2014 at 09:19:47 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:

> I think we can provide structured logging support as a
> non-breaking API
> extension, so we should not make this part of this review. But
> here's
> how I'd imagine such an API to work:

I look at the journald spec and LoggerPayload already contains
most of the key value pairs. MSG_ID seams to be the last
important one missing inside LoggerPayload.

Thank you for taking the time to create a PR put, IMO that
approach is to complicated. Anyway, if there are performance
problems down the road this will be the first approach to try.