Using D

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 12 07:11:45 PDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-07-12 at 13:54 +0100, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]
> Or a better Oberon, I haven't quite decided which yet... :)

Whatever the reality initially, it is definitely now marketed as a
modernized C. Echoes of C++ then.

> > If there were more D users in the London area than one in London and one
> > in Brighton maybe we could start a London D User Group (LonDUG).
> > SkillsMatter would host.
> >

> And I say Hello! from sunny Brighton.

Aha the Brighton dwelling D user of note ;-)

I have lived in Brighton, but it was a long time ago, it is probably
very different now. No West Pier for a start!

> I do believe there are a few people around the London area who either
> have worked in, work in, or have a vested interest in D.  I'll give
> Dejan a poke and find out some more numbers.

We could start a code dojo to build up an initial activity and then
spawn off public meetings with tutorial style material to attract people
new to D. "D for C++ programmers", "D for C programmers", "D for Python
programmers", "D for JavaScript kiddies",…

We might initially draw on the ACCU London people to gauge interest.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk