Dub feature [was import from Internet]

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 12 11:43:49 PDT 2014

Am 12.07.2014 18:20, schrieb Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d:
> On Sat, 2014-07-12 at 15:41 +0000, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> […]
>> verify contributions, version control. Regarding latter I find it
>> quite telling that dub has recently banned usage of ~master as
>> dependency version and only allows explicit tags/releases - good
>> hygienic decision for growing ecosystem.
>
> Sad if true, I want the capability to be on the bleeding edge. If the
> possibility of specifying version exists then people who want hygiene
> are covered. Removing the facility of ~master stops those of use who
> like things to break using Dub at all.
>
> Oh well back to SCons and manual working.

There are still a number of ways to stay on the bleeding edge, just
direct ~master/branch dependencies in dub.json are
discouraged/deprecated, because they have a destructive effect on the
package ecosystem. I'll write up a detailed rationale before the next
release, including suggestions how to handle situations where you want
to stay on a branch.

Related thread:
http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.dub/thread/1020/