git <tag> --fubar

Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 12 17:27:53 PDT 2014

I should be posting this in dmd-beta but instead I'm posting it
here because I am currently locked out of my gmail account, the
recovery account for which is yahoo and I'm locked out of that
too.

Google doesn't trust me because I moved out of the country and
then went on a trip... and Yahoo doesn't trust for the same
reasons. Problem is, I created my recovery questions for yahoo
back in 2008 and the first time they ever ask me for it was back
in April of this year. It's so simple I cannot remember it: "What
is your son's name?" and "Where did you meet your wife?". Try as
I amy I cannot figure out where I met her or whether we ever had
a son together. What a second, do I even have a wife?

End result, my GMail is locked until 17 July, while my Yahoo
account is locked for 12 hours. Damn! Grrrr! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Sorry about that... That's definitely not the purpose of this
post.

I had some issues keeping things straight in my head about which
repo I visited, which branch I checkout and which ones I tagged.
So I decided to automate the process. Starting with v2.066.0-b3
every repo gets tagged correctly and the tag gets pushed
automatically to master. I'm in nirvana. No more forgetting to
tag things or tagging them in the wrong places.

The problem? I screwed up the v2.066.0-b1 tags by placing them in
master instead of the 2.066 branch. So when I build the binaries
from v2.066.0-b3, it's ignoring changes in the branch.

To make matters worse, after visiting both branch and master for
all repos, everyone exhibited the same problem with the exception
of tools. Tools did not have the v2.066.0-b3 tag and showed the
same tag in both master and the branch. I tried removing the tag
from master to match the rest of the repos but that did not work,
it simply removed all references to the tag.

The only way I know to fix this is to remove all the v2.066 tags
and just start over with v2.066.b3.

Some advice would really be appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew