Software Assurance Reference Dataset

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 12 20:07:43 PDT 2014

On Friday, 11 July 2014 at 17:28:39 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> The compiler can ensure that you hit at least every 4k or so. It
> doesn't look like a very hard constraint to have a volatile load
> per untouched 4k of stack (which should be very rare).

Sure, it should be possible to work it into the backend at the
code-gen level.

For fibers without recursion I think the most powerful approach
would be to do whole program analysis to establish a minimum of N
for the typical case (without unbounded recursion). Of course,
then alloca also have to extend the stack and do book keeping of
the additional storage  taken by alloca() or simply have a
separate alloc-stack.