git <tag> --fubar

sigod via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 13 03:24:10 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 13 July 2014 at 00:27:54 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> Google doesn't trust me because I moved out of the country and
> then went on a trip... and Yahoo doesn't trust for the same
> reasons. Problem is, I created my recovery questions for yahoo
> back in 2008 and the first time they ever ask me for it was
> back in April of this year. It's so simple I cannot remember
> it: "What is your son's name?" and "Where did you meet your
> wife?". Try as I amy I cannot figure out where I met her or
> whether we ever had a son together. What a second, do I even
> have a wife?

I believe using real information for this questions is security
threat. There's piece of conversation on bash that shows it:
A: Listen, may be we're relatives?
B: You think???
A: May be distant... What was the maiden name of your mother?
B: *encho
A: Oh, you have 8 new emails.

> To make matters worse, after visiting both branch and master
> for all repos, everyone exhibited the same problem with the
> exception of tools. Tools did not have the v2.066.0-b3 tag and
> showed the same tag in both master and the branch. I tried
> removing the tag from master to match the rest of the repos but
> that did not work, it simply removed all references to the tag.

Actually, branches and tags are simple references. As I see in
tools `master` and `2.066` points at single commit. So, new tag
was pointing at that same commit.

Read Pro Git book: http://www.git-scm.com/book