Opportunities for D

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 13 04:05:42 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 13 July 2014 at 07:18:53 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 7/10/2014 5:54 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> No one but Walter / Andrei can do anything about it. Right now
>> we are in weird
>> situation when they call for "lieutenants" but are not ready
>> to abandon decision
>> power. It can't possibly work that way. No amount of volunteer
>> effort will help
>> when so many PR stall waiting for resolution comment from one
>> of language
>> "generals".
>
> Here are the teams with Pulling Power:
>
>   https://github.com/orgs/D-Programming-Language/teams
>
> Team Phobos, for example, has 25 members. Including you!

Also I was not speaking originally about "all good" pull requests
just waiting to be merged but about stuff that hits some
controversial language/Phobos parts and requires some decision if
it can be accepted at all. Pretty much no one but you can make
such judgement even if there are many people with merge rights.

It is probably more of an issue for DMD than Phobos because
almost any enhancement for language needs to get your approval or
go away.