git <tag> --fubar

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 13 08:00:45 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 10:24:10AM +0000, sigod via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 July 2014 at 00:27:54 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> >Google doesn't trust me because I moved out of the country and then
> >went on a trip... and Yahoo doesn't trust for the same reasons.
> >Problem is, I created my recovery questions for yahoo back in 2008
> >and the first time they ever ask me for it was back in April of this
> >year. It's so simple I cannot remember it: "What is your son's name?"
> >and "Where did you meet your wife?". Try as I amy I cannot figure out
> >where I met her or whether we ever had a son together. What a second,
> >do I even have a wife?
>
> I believe using real information for this questions is security
> threat.  There's piece of conversation on bash that shows it:
> A: Listen, may be we're relatives?
> B: You think???
> A: May be distant... What was the maiden name of your mother?
> B: *encho
> A: Oh, you have 8 new emails.
[...]

Yeah I always get annoyed by these security screening questions,
especially when they don't let you write your own!!! They mostly involve
trivia like relatives' names, dates and places, etc., that are far too
easy to guess by a social engineering attacker. *My* favorite systems
allow wording my own questions, which are along the lines of:

	Q: Blue cheese?
	A: I got diarrhea.

I.e., the question is completely nonsensical to anyone except me, and
the answer has no obvious connection to the question without context
that only I have.

Recently, our IT department hired a bug-fix engineer. He used to work for Volkswagen.