Review: std.logger

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 13 08:22:32 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 13 July 2014 at 14:37:15 UTC, Robert burner Schadek
wrote:
>> I would prefer:
>>   info("%s is the answer", true);
> write infof("%b is the answer", true); and it works write now
> arbitrarily

I am kind of fine both ways, it is not that big deal but I
remember being very surprised that most common use case is called
`logf` and much less common - `log`. For `write` function family
common usage pattern is a bit different.

In the end it boils down to "consistency" vs "convenience"
argument and I don't think either has fundamental advantage over
the other. Sticking to whatever Robert prefers is reasonable way
to avoid hundreds post long bike-shedding ;)