git <tag> --fubar

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 13 09:36:43 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 13 July 2014 at 16:12:02 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> After adding back the v2.066.0-b3 tag, I get this:
>
>      dmd
>      Switched to branch 'master'
>      Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
>      v2.066.0-b1-80-ga721850
>      Switched to branch '2.066'
>      Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/2.066'.
>      v2.066.0-b3

This looks correct to me - because of cherry-picking commits in
master and 2.066 branch have different hashes and you only tag
the latter. It just happened that for v2.066.0-b1 tag commit hash
in master was the same.

v2.066.0-b1-80-ga721850 means : "commit ga721850 which is 80
commits ahead of v2.066.0-b1 tag"

> This was exactly how things looked to me when I created the B3
> binaries (with the exception of tools which only had tags for
> B2), however Kenji Hara reports that there are changes in the
> branch that do not exist in the binaries.

Can you link the Kenji report? It feels like some cherry-picking
issue for me but I need tiny bit more info what to look for in
repos.