OpenGL glext.d generator from Glew

Dillon Hammond via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 13 20:00:05 PDT 2014

On Monday, 20 December 2004 at 14:11:23 UTC, Ilya Zaitseff wrote:
> A simple program that converts Glew OpenGL extensions
> specification into D
> source.
> It goal is keeping glext module size as small as possible, for
> faster
> parsing.
>
> Copy only necessary extensions to folder and use it for glext.d
> module
> generating.
>
> Glew OpenGL extensions can be downloaded from Glew sourceforge
> site.
> In glew-1.2.4-src.zip they are located in 'glew/auto/core' or
> 'glew/auto/extensions'.
>
> Usage:
>    glew2d { -switch }
>
>    -extdir:<extdir> specify folder where extension files exists
> (default is
> 'ext')
>    -modname:<modname> name of generated module (default is
> 'glext')
>    -modwin:<modwin> name of imported Windows module (default is
> 'std.c.windows.windows')
>
> In generated module, use load_EXTNAME() functions to initialize
> EXTNAME
> extension.
>
> glew2d source is attached. It is free for any purpose.

I know this thread is old but I am trying to use Glew2D on a Mac
to work with GLEW and D.  I have put the GLEW extensions I want
into the ext folder but I am not sure what to do after that, or
how to create glext.d.  I also saw that there is a bat file
there, which errors when running because "command Glew2D does not
exist".  I am confused how to use this.