Cool Stuff for D that we keep Secret

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 04:11:38 PDT 2014

Am Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:21:46 -0700
schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>:

> On 7/9/14, 2:59 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > So why not link to select wiki pages from dlang.org?
>
> Where's the pull request?
>
> […]
>
> Walter and I are busy enough as is working on D to NOT have new work cut
> out for us. Please steal any work you can from us.
>

> Andrei

I'm sure most of the NG folks worry about stepping on
someone's toe by making pull requests for the official
language website without getting an ok from whoever designed
it and from Walter and you.
From my perspective the design between Wiki and front page is
wildly different and causes a friction when navigating the
website. It is possible someone writes a pull request,
someone else who is uninvolved with the web site gives it an ok
and later the original author is frustrated because he
intentionally separated the Wiki from the static part of
dlang.org.
(Not to say there isn't more talk than action etc., but we
 shouldn't pass changes over the respective web site
 lieutenant.)

--
Marco