Review: std.logger

ponce via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 04:45:26 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 13 July 2014 at 12:18:40 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-07-13 13:57, Robert burner Schadek wrote:
>
>> Anyone else?
>
> I agree with Sönke.
>
>> if I change it back, people will argue that that is redundant
>> and
>> unintuitive. Than I will change it back again and the
>> discussion starts
>> again.
>
> "logError" is a lot more clear and descriptive. I think that's
> important. If people don't like that they can use an alias.

I see a lot of people pushing for opposite changes that would
make Robert make full circle:
- info/warning/error cs logInfo/logWarning/logError
- infof/warnf/errorf vs info/warn/error (formatted the default)
- removing conditionals overloads vs having conditional overloads
with own name vs having conditional overloads with same name

Not everyone will ever get satisfied.